Wednesday, January 16, 2019

LPHS Tier 1 Standards

Hello,

Thank you for your participation in yesterday's staff/PSP meeting.  I am in the process of getting feedback to you in regards to those PSPs. 

I wanted to follow up on the expectations and also make sure you are aware of where you can find the resources that were passed out during the meeting.  While I firmly believe that we do quality work here with our students at LPHS, I also told you at my first meeting with you that I am always looking for ways that we can improve.  The district's initiative with MiExcel's Blueprint model is geared towards establishing consistent systems throughout our schools.  The standards that we discussed yesterday are things that the majority of our staff does the majority of the time.  Making it consistent across the board, and thus a complete system of expectations, will make our success rates increase drastically.  If you do have any questions or concerns with these standards, please come and talk to me in person.  As a reminder, these standards will be observed and commented on if necessary during each observation in your classroom. 

Again, none of this should be taken as a slight to the work that we do.  It is merely an opportunity for us to focus on what makes us better and more efficient.  I truly appreciate the work that you do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment